Dr. Christoph Mayer-XanthakiConsultant Ophthalmologist
Consultant Surgeon at the Medical University Eye Hospital Graz
Ophthalmologist in GrazConsultant Surgeon at the Med. University Graz, LKH
Specialized in retinal and cataract surgery
Augenarzt Graz LATEST NEWS
Eye doctor in Graz
- 1What should you bring to the examination?
- Please take your glasses (distance or reading glasses) with you
- Any existing findings
- A list of the eye medicines to be taken or the eye medicines themselves
- Your E-card (optional)
- 2Do I have to remove my contact lenses before an appointment to determine glasses?
If the contact lenses are removed just before the eyeglass examination, the glasses may not be able to be adjusted properly. Therefore, please remove rigid “hard” contact lenses 3 days before the examination and soft contact lenses 24 hours before your examination. Please bring your contact lenses with you for the examination.
- 3How long is the duration of your visit?
- As a rule, about 30 minutes per visit is required.
- First examinations take longer than follow-up examinations.
- Retina examinations take 20 min longer as of the pupil dilation waiting time. The pupils remain dilated for three to four hours. Driving a car or operating heavy machines may be avoided during this time.
- For a visual field examination, eg. in case of a cataract, you should additionally plan half to one hour.
- Mother child pass examinations take about an hour.
- 4Accessibility and parking
Our private eye clinic is located near Jakominiplatz, at Opernring 7. It is located in the corner of Opernring and Girardigasse, see map. Please ring at “Ophthalmologists” and go straight into the courtyard. On the left hand side is the elevator/or stairway no. 2, you will find the eye clinic on the first floor on the right. By public transport you can reach the eye clinic via Jakominiplatz or Kaiser-Josef-Platz. It is about five minutes walking distance each. The car can be parked either in the nearby Opernring underground car park opposite the eye clinic, in the Steirerhof underground car park, or directly before the eye clinic in the blue parking zone (Girardigasse or Opernring). (Underground parking: € 4 or € 3.80 per hour, blue zone: € 1.80 per hour).
The fee will be charged back to the respective health insurance. We will take care of submitting the invoice for you. The transfer of the refund amount to you will be carried out automatically by the statutory health insurance. Payment can be made in cash or by card.
- 6How do I find my night and emergency pharmacy?